Will design projects in civil and transmission line engineering.
- Transmission Line Engineering (25%) - Designs and prepares construction drawings for electrical power lines of 138kV and 345kV voltages. This includes plan and profiles drawings, sag tables, bill of materials. The Engineer must be knowledgeable in transmission line design philosophies, constructability of the transmission lines, and regulatory requirements. Must be proficient in PLS-CADD, TOWER, PLS-Pole, and MFAD.
- Structural Engineering (25%) - Designs and prepares construction drawings for concrete foundations, breaker beams, and structural connections. The Engineer prepares bill of materials lists, drawings, and work with departments to purchase and fabricate the items. RISA 3D expertise preferred. Ensures that sound engineering principles are employed in accordance with all applicable Company standards and federal, state, and local codes - ASCE, AISC, ASTM, ANSI, OSHA, etc...
- Project Management (25%) - Must be able to manage large scale design projects that are outsourced to vendors. Responsibilities include attending meetings, answering emails, providing standards, managing the design deliverable schedule, reviewing all vendor deliverables, and managing invoices.
- Standards (5%) - Involved in developing company standards for civil engineering and transmission line engineering designs. Works collaboratively with other engineers and DLC departments to develop documents, standards, and process improvements.
- Field Investigations (20%) - Must visit the field to support current construction projects, maintenance emergent work, field verification, field inspection, construction inspection, etc. Must be available to visit the field (including weekends and evenings) in support of emergent work.
- Provides thorough updates on a weekly, monthly and annual basis for the work plan to the Manager. Participates in the Civil & Transmission Line Engineering staff meetings. Attends external and internal civil engineering design courses. Provides direction to junior engineers on engineering designs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in (discipline) Engineering from an ABET accredited university/college or Master's degree in (discipline) Engineering from a school with ABET accredited Bachelor's degree engineering program.
- EIT certificate.
- Preferred 2 + years of relevant experience.
- Must embrace a safety culture and maintain safe work environment for co-workers and the public.
- PE License
- Utility experience
- Must possess strong organizational, computer, and problem solving skills.
- Experience in PLS-CADD, RISA 3D, MFAD or willingness to acquire skills in these software.
- Position to be filled at the Engineer I, II, III, or IV level based upon relevant work experience. Engineer IV level requires a PE license and a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience to the utility industry.
Click here to view available jobs like this!