Ensuring that business practices, policies, and dealings of the Company meet all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. You will represent the Company in regulatory proceedings, interpret and prepare legal documents, and provide counsel on legal and regulatory matters. You will also provide analysis of proposed legislation and its potential impact on the Company, draft proposed legislation, and manage defense of the Company in judicial and regulatory proceedings.
- Provide legal advice and recommendations to the Company for action regarding matters of some complexity, which have or may have a material dollar impact on business activities and operations.
- Represent the Company in regulatory proceedings before state and municipal regulatory jurisdictions in (State).
- Support governmental affairs activities by reviewing and/or drafting proposed legislation.
- Prepare correspondence, legal memoranda and contracts.
- Provide day-to-day counseling and advice to officers and managers of the Company.
- Act as supervising authority over outside counsel on projects or specific areas of practice.
- Bachelor’s degree and a J.D. (Doctor of Jurisprudence) degree required from an accredited law school.
- 3 years of ethics, compliance, and utility regulatory experience at a law firm or as in-house counsel and must be eligible to practice in the State of (State).
- Experience in energy and utilities, including with gas transmission and distribution work, is strongly desired.
- Experience in (State) practicing before the (State) Public Utilities/Service Commission is a plus.
Click here to view available jobs like this!