Responsible for supervising the work of line crews at assigned location, and performing the work of a Lineworker, as needed. Work involves construction, operation, and maintenance of distribution, overhead, and underground facilities. Activities also include planning procedures, directing or supervising assigned crew members, and exercising independent judgment.
- Supervise and direct line crew in the safe construction, maintenance, operation, and retirement of distribution lines; Administer procedures for service restoration of overhead and underground facilities, and all related electrical equipment.
- Perform the duties of a Lineworker, as needed, as a member of a line crew.
- Supervise and administer procedures for rapid restoration of service and line switching requirements to result in prompt and reliable service to customers.
- Assume responsibility for care and safe use of tools and equipment.
- Direct or perform switching operations; Request, make, and accept line clearances.
- Make recommendations for performance evaluations, promotions, demotions, transfers, discipline, leaves of absence, hiring, and dismissal of assigned personnel; Mentor and develop line mechanics.
- Understand and apply the provisions of the Management Information and Policy Manual as well as any applicable labor agreement.
- Perform all duties and work with other employees, as well as the general public, in a safe manner, in compliance with all appropriate company safety policies and rules; Promote and enforce the company's Accident Prevention and Safety & Health programs.
- Execute, within assigned areas of responsibility, the company's program of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), including its affirmative action (AA) obligations.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the company's Corporate Compliance policy
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Two (2) years, as qualified, as a Lineworker.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid State Driver's License required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS - ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Prior leadership experience (leading crews, projects, or initiatives) preferred.
- Working knowledge of procedures, practices, methods, standards, codes, and theory relating to the assigned facilities and work.
- Knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and repair procedures of distribution lines and electrical equipment. Must be able to interpret prints and manufacturers' drawings.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the company safety rules and practices, and be proficient in the application of resuscitation and first aid, as presented in the company safety manual.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise employees, interpret and transmit orders, and give instructions, in a manner which obtains effective work results.
- Proven ability to interact with employees, customers, and the general public in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Must maintain a valid state driver's license and meet all vehicle operation requirements, as designated by federal and/or state law.
- Line mechanic skills and abilities assessment is also required for this position