Responsible for basic management and oversight of the Company’s integrity management programs, including both Transmission (TIMP) and Distribution (DIMP), including coordination of assessments (ILI, ECDA, etc.) and associated remediation's & notifications, and the review of program manuals and their periodic updates. Other responsibilities include providing technical assistance with Company documents, cathodic protection programs, major/complex projects, system flow & blending analyses, as well as any work management programs. The position would engage with internal and external stakeholders as part of providing service and maintaining existing facilities/assets.
- Ensuring transmission integrity requirements are being met, including identification of HCAs/MCAs and threats, assessments, reporting, notifications, preventative and mitigative measures, continual evaluation, program effectiveness, remediation of indications and facilitation of PSC audits. Assist with administration and management of distribution integrity programs. Continuous evaluation of system threats and provide evidence-based solutions on risk mitigation measures.
- Responsible for tracking, trending and analyzing incoming pipeline cathodic readings received from field technicians. Provide basic cathodic project recommendations, based on readings, to ensure adequate cathodic protection on all the steel pipelines. Also provide any interference mitigation projects as needed. Project design includes cathodic protection design based on field conditions.
- Support updates/edits to O&M manual and Emergency Response Plan. Perform audits as requested of internal and external crews to determine compliance with written plans. Provide basic engineering support for gas pipeline materials, products and tools. Assist with developing specifications
- Develop and Administer all management of change documentation as needed for any updates.
- Conduct virtual or classroom training to deliver these materials. Provide technical assistance to basic projects, which include but are not limited to; new services, main extensions, main relays, relocations, regulator stations, bridge/highway crossings, waterway crossings, and valve installations.
- Ensure that technical requirements of the design are met including system pressure, flow, and operating requirements. Verify compliance of the design with company Operation and Maintenance Manual, Federal, State and industry codes. Perform special projects as assigned on behalf of Tech Services. Projects may include but not limited to; development of new guidelines/technical documents, special capital project support, manage bridge river crossing inspections, etc.
- Complete flow studies as assigned. Analyze results and provide feedback to operations on areas of concern and potential future capital projects. Provide engineering support for all operations Network Design Operations program
- BS – Engineering or equivalent work experience (3-5 years)
- Broader knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
- Strong organizational skills • IT literacy • Working knowledge of company, local, state, and federal codes as they relate to the job preferred
- Experience with integrity management programs, in-line inspection activities (“smart pigging”), and corrosion control preferred • NACE CP1 or CIP1 certification (or higher) preferred
- Work requires the ability to competently understand procedures and various instructions contained in technical documents. Work is widely varied, to include involvement with field operations, county/local officials, and other internal departments.
- Must learn and understand the interdependency of all company operations and be able to analyze and prioritize situations as they arise on a daily basis
- Work requires the ability to write in order to accurately express information from inspections, findings, investigations, etc. and accurately capture data for recordkeeping purposes. Must be able to perform duties and functions effectively with minimal supervision.
- Previous gas industry experience would be considered an asset.
Click here to view available jobs like this!