The Laborer/Fitter will perform skilled duties and operate equipment for the operation, maintenance and installation of natural gas piping systems and related natural gas facilities.
- Assisting in the construction, operation and maintenance of gas distribution, transportation or production system
- Setting meters, retiring old meter sets, setting curb boxes, repairing service lines, connecting and disconnecting meters, repairing leaks
- Using tapping and other air compressor equipment and making connections at mainlines
- Performing ditch digging, backfilling, carrying tools and materials connected with the job
- Operating one or more of the following types of equipment: backhoes, excavators, dump trucks
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Class A CDL
- Proven experience working outdoors performing construction/manual labor
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, backhoe experience is preferred. Successful candidates will be required to become operationally qualified and demonstrate proficiency in the operation of a backhoe during his or her probationary period
- Successful completion of a background investigation, including criminal history report, motor vehicle report and a DOT drug screening
- Strong preference will be given to applicants with prior pipeline experience
Click here to view available jobs like this!