Work with Gas Distribution and Transmission as-built drawings and other mapping data to post spatial database updates in the Geographic Information System (GIS). The GIS/Mapping Technician maintains, updates, and analyzes pipeline features within the database. The technician also updates and maintains operating maps and diagrams of the gas distribution and transmission systems, single-line job drawings and keeps maps and databases of gas distribution and transmission system up to date. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Create and update records, maps and diagrams using GIS tools and databases.
- Ensure records maps and diagrams comply with federal, state and local regulations and company requirements.
- Input data related to specific job-site and facility information for quality assurance purposes, historical tracking, forecasting and produce reports related to job-site data using computers and various applications.
- Review and research work assignments and projects using computers, various internal applications and websites to review.
- Gather data related to records, maps and diagrams for specific job site projects.
- Schedule and coordinate document distribution to meet applicable federal, state and local regulations and company requirements.
- Research and prioritize documents for data input.
- Use computer and other methods and tools for file management of job plans, records, maps, diagrams and other documents.
- BA/BS Degree from accredited college in GIS, Geography, Engineering, or other related discipline. BA/BS in unrelated field with a GIS certificate is acceptable.
- 1+ year of Gas or Utility operations related experience.
- OR Must possess significant relevant field or industry experience, or its equivalent in training and education, for example: a relevant 2-year technical degree, a relevant technical/trade school certificate, a bachelor’s degree, 2 years of experience in a classification in Exhibit A, or 2 years of experience with mapping, GIS, drafting, estimating, computers or CAD.
- Must possess a valid (State) Driver’s License on day 1 of employment
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)Demonstrate experience using a Pipeline Open
- Data Standard (PODS) Pipeline Data Model with GIS.
- Demonstrate experience using Pipeline Features Lists (PFLs).
- Demonstrated experience using ESRI ArcGIS 10x to develop, edit, and maintain spatial data from engineering as-built drawings.
- Experience with using Microstation to update and maintain maps and diagrams for engineering or construction related projects.
- Understanding of geographic data types (land base, imagery, gas utility infrastructure, etc.).
- Ability to perform basic queries (spatial and non-spatial).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products- Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience or exposure using SAP.
Click here to view available jobs like this!