Responsible for various construction, operation, and maintenance functions.
- Performs the work of Laborer - Gas Distribution Department.
- Performs elementary pipe fitting.
- Lays pipe, heat fuses joints and installs couplings.
- Installs anodes and test stations. Prepares joints and installs clamps.
- Assists in cathodic protection surveys.
- Installs leak clamps.
- One year's experience as a Laborer and demonstration of suitable proficiency in that classification is required.
- Must have demonstrated satisfactory aptitude and learning ability for the duties of gas distribution construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Must have and keep a (State) driver's license.
- Must have a sturdy physique and the stamina to work outdoors under extreme weather conditions.
- Must have a temperament and personality which enable the employee to work as a member of a crew or work team.
- Must be reasonably available for overtime and emergency work assignments.
- Must have learned and practiced all safety rules which apply to the work, including the use of all special protective equipment used in this type of work.
Click here to view available jobs like this!