Provides technical work and directs others in technical work in the planning, designing, procurement and construction of additions, changes or maintenance to (Company) Liquefied Natural Gas facilities (LNG). Perform complex, large-scale DCS projects to improve plant performance and reliability. Participate in the direction of work and provide assistance to the personnel listed below.
- Perform tuning of complex DCS systems to improve efficiency and other plant performance parameters and positively affect availability and/or reliability beyond the level of that expected from the plant technical specialist position. Provide advanced technical support for control system administrative functions including patches, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical services for the planning, design and construction of project additions or maintenance to (Company) LNG systems. Lead large scale DCS projects from beginning to end with minimal assistance from the engineering department.
- Provide advanced technical support for remote equipment monitoring and data collection. (i.e. PI system).
- Assist in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical maintenance issues.
- Provide operational support.
- Conduct engineering studies and investigations and prepare oral and written reports.
- Attend and conduct training in designated high level technical areas comparable to those conducted or expected of an engineer II or senior engineer.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical field with emphasis in a power plant appropriate science discipline. (Typically six years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor's degree.)
- Eight years of experience in direct power plant or utility industry experience and an expert in plant processes and ability to make modifications as needed to reduce equipment downtime and minimize costs.
- High level of technical knowledge, judgment and capability in the engineering discipline with the ability to take large scale DCS projects from beginning to end, with minimal assistance from the engineering department.
- Superior communicator with technical and managerial personnel within and external to (Company).
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
Click here to view available jobs like this!