Primary subject matter expert in all aspects of gas engineering including: technical services, system planning, and design and delivery (construction and maintenance standards, regulatory compliance, short and long term project development for safe and reliable distribution system operations, gate and regulator station equipment, and design and construction of gas facilities). Provides the highest level of consultation and technical leadership on diverse and highly complex problems and projects, emerging technological, regulatory, and compliance work.
- Providing technical Guidance on projects, final design review and technical approval for designated projects, and providing mentoring to developing engineers are key responsibilities of this position.
- Evaluates and implements new and advanced technology to increase reliability, efficiency, and reduce operational risk.
- Ensures all equipment, materials, and designs meet applicable company, local, state, and national code, standards and requirements.
- As needed by projects and other assignments, acts as liaison across Operating Companies, across global affiliates, with different departments, with outside groups, suppliers, companies and agencies.
- Utilize knowledge to influence and guide department engineers
- Provide technical leadership in complex projects, including distribution mains and services, pressure regulation, and gate stations
- Mentor, develop and support team in technical skills
- Subject Matter Expert for team
- Liaison/ direct contractors on company policy, standards and best practices
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or civil engineering or related field of study and a minimum of 10-15 years of experience.
- Professional engineering license,
- Project Management certification from Project Management Institute,
- Masters degree in applicable engineering field (i.e. mechanical or civil or other related field of study and/or experience).
- Ability to review and approve engineering work done by others to ensure compliance with company standards, specifications, and contract requirements
- Knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance Environment – Local, State and Federal Regulatory Standards and requirements
Click here to view available jobs like this!