The Risk Analyst will work with various business units across the enterprise to identify, analyze and report on key risk metrics, both qualitative and quantitative, and prepare reports for discussions with senior leadership and the board of directors. The candidate chosen will also assist in advancing the standards, framework, methodologies, policies, procedures and guidelines for Risk at (Company), and act as a strategic risk advisor to the business units on risk-related matters.
- Coordinate with business units contacts to accumulate key risk data, analyze the data, and report on it at various intervals (monthly, quarterly, yearly and off-cycle as required).
- Aggregate data from multiple sources to provide a comprehensive assessment.
- Create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results.
- Collaborate with other team members to effectively analyze and present data.
- Develop systems and processes for gathering and storing data for future analytic projects.
- Monitor internal and external data points that may affect the risk level of a decision.
- Review and assess new risks, and provide an assessment of the key risks, determining if there are emerging risks to be considered. Provide updates to the risk register.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and integration of the Risk function, framework, and program across (Company) (i.e. risk appetite statements, and processes for assessment, response, escalation, and monitoring). Assist in the ongoing development of the risk program.
- Coordinate monthly meetings with key stakeholders in the business groups to discuss various risk management practices. Prepare the related documents and present them at the meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or a related field of study preferred
- 5+ Years (for Sr. Risk Analyst) experience in a risk reporting, finance, and/or utility operations role (risk management, insurance underwriting, utility operations, other finance functions).
- CRM is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Power BI, and other analysis programs.
- Knowledge of SharePoint would be an asset.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to inform and present results to internal stakeholders
Click here to view available jobs like this!