Provide timely review and delivery of civil and transmission design drawings for capital and maintenance projects, including stormwater controls, structural and foundation plans, sections and detail drawings, transmission plans and profiles, sag charts, and staking tables that adhere to all applicable standards. Complete assignments with minimal oversight and serve as technical resources and mentor others in the department.
- For all projects assigned plan; engineer; design; create drawings, prepare and review estimates, prepare permits, update schedules, support construction installations, and procure material for engineering projects associated with civil/structural and transmission line equipment
- Perform technical studies and calculations, assist with the preparation of reports with conclusions and recommendations, assist other engineers with studies to fulfill department goals & objectives
- Ensure sound engineering principles are employed in accordance with all applicable Duquesne Light Company standards.
- Ensure sound engineering principles are employed and in accordance with all applicable codes (NESC, IEEE, ASCE, ACI, AISC) and federal, state, local codes.
- Consult with and receive advice from superiors, peers and vendors to become thoroughly familiar with assignments and to obtain necessary design and cost information.
- Act as project lead for assigned projects as required
- Oversee work of Engineering contractors for outsourced projects
- Provide training and mentorship to other engineers in group
- Assist department manager in drawing review and other assignments as needed
- Complete assignments with minimal oversight
- Four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college/university
- Professional Engineer License is required
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- A minimum of 1 year engineering electric utility experience focused on transmission line design
- Must possess strong organizational, computer, and problem-solving skills
Click here to view available jobs like this!