Provides leadership for the construction, maintenance, and repair of substation equipment. Analyzes historical inspection, maintenance, test and operational data to establish appropriate maintenance requirements for equipment. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience. Licensed Electrician preferred.
- Supervises crews in construction and maintenance activities for T&D substations.
- Coordinates maintenance and construction of assigned assets by making arrangements for staffing, materials and equipment with other sections such as Maintenance, Field Communications/Engineering, Control Centers and contractors according to prescribed schedules and methods
- Responsible for the reliability and condition of substation assets
- Analysis of maintenance data and its accurate input directly into company database
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Directs safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the group, and monitors safety performance. Champions efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and procedures, and safety performance.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent related experience is required.
- Supervisor: Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience is required
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of substation facilities is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices and procedures and safety requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of power system maintenance and operation.
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license; valid CDL preferred
- Licensed Electrician preferred.
Click here to view available jobs like this!