Responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the gas construction and/or service crews, and the management of their work in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements. Their work also includes the daily enforcement of safety rules, HR policies, and resolution of employee conflict and customer complaints.
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate individuals and crews engaged in the construction and maintenance of the gas distribution system. Provide clear expectations for their performance.
- Schedule, assign, and direct the workforce in a safe, efficient, and effective manner in accordance with the limitations of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Manage overtime.
- Coordinate activities with customers, contractors, and other company departments.
- Monitor to ensure timely completion.
- Efficiently utilize company systems related to work tracking, time reporting, and materials management.
- Consistently enforce all safety rules and conduct Co-worker to Co-worker Observations with individuals and crews.
- Consistently enforce HR policies with individuals and crews.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of division and function goals. Identify and implement improvements in division operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Five or more years of relevant experience (e.g., journeyman in gas distribution, construction or maintenance, planning, project management, analysis and/or design of gas distribution systems) required.
- OR five or more years of experience in heavy industrial, construction, utility or supervision including a minimum of three years relevant gas experience (e.g., journeyman in gas distribution, construction or maintenance; planning, project management, analysis and/or design of gas distribution systems) or supervisory experience required.
Click here to view available jobs like this!