To perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled technical and maintenance work in the operation, maintenance and repair of the water / wastewater treatment facilities and distribution and collection systems. This is technical work of a complex nature involving responsibility for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of various water treatment facilities for several key clients. The work will be performed in accordance with (State) Department of Environmental Protection requirements.
- Reads water meters once a month and reports results to billing staff.
- Flushes main lines when necessary and records data on flushing records form.
- Collects and tests necessary water samples.
- Make adjustments as necessary.
- Maintains, installs and repairs water meters.
- Maintains applicable water system records.
- Performs duties and functions related to water quality and safety.
- Repairs and maintains water lines as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Records statistical data concerning plant operations.
- Maintains, operates, repairs and replaces equipment as necessary.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs malfunctions at the wastewater treatment plan; repairs pumps, filters and other controls and equipment.
- Maintains, modifies or repairs instrumentation and control equipment.
- Assures that the treatment plant operates within required standards.
- Operates and maintains sewage pump stations.
- Repairs and maintains sewer lines as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Collects samples and identifies concentrations of chemical, physical or biological characteristics of water / wastewater required in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Gathers and tests wastewater samples as required for daily operations of treatment facility.
- Maintains accurate records of analysis and test results for water and wastewater.
- Performs quality control tests on lab equipment and lab analysis.
- Evaluates data and writes reports as required.
- Evaluates procedures and results for accuracy and determines appropriate methods.
- Other duties as assigned
- Performs duties in a safe manner following generally accepted safety guidelines and provided equipment.
- Locate water and sewer utilities as required by (State) One-Call
- Provides back-up to related positions.
- General equipment operations.
- Operates tanker trucks as required for sludge hauling.
- Operates hydro excavation trucks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Job requires an individual to be physically able, on a daily basis, to bend, walk, occasionally lift and carry up to 100 lbs.
Potential Hazard Exposure
- Job requirements may result in exposure to extremes of temperature, contact with fuel and chemicals on a daily basis and the potential contact with human or infectious waste.
The person in this position must have a high school diploma or its equivalent. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Must possess a valid (State) driver’s license. Ability to acquire within six months of the date of hire; a “Class A” with Tanker and Air-brake endorsements.
Class D or above Wastewater Operator Certification.
Class D or above Water Treatment Operator Certification.
DSI or above Water Distribution Operator Certification.
Experience in the field of Water / Wastewater operations.
OSHA Hazwoper 40 Hour Training
Excellent verbal, written, record keeping, and organizational skills
Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
Click here to view available jobs like this!